ZCorp: 3D Printer
3D printer is currently under repair (10/18/07). A component (POGO pins) of the 3D printer needs replacement.
- It usually takes 1~2 days to get the model that you want. Therefore, if there's 2~3 people who want to use the printer during the same period. It is essential that you schedule the time slot with others to use it in parallel. If not, your precious 3D model can get ruined and become trashed. If you want a slot in the spreadsheet, send an email to Hyunyoung (hsong@cs.[umd domain]) or Nick (nchen@cs.[umd domain]).
- $2 per cu inch (216 milli pixels) of material (powder + binder)
- $45 per small bottle of glue.
- total of $10 per cubic inch if smaller than 5 cubic inch
- total of $7.5 per cubic inch if larger than 5 cubic inch
- ZBond 101 3.5 oz is $45 and 16oz $150.
- For detailed instruction, refer to the above guideline.
Maintenance TODO list
- TO Order
- Glue (the big bottle are better);
- Vacuum bag;
- Inkjet cartridge #10 from HP.
- Bucket of powder
- TO Install
- Eyecatch and a webcam to take photo log of users of the 3D printer