Benefits: Insurance Programs
From Business and Administrative Services
- Medical Insurance Plan-Medical coverage is available to all individuals and their dependents who are eligible for health benefits.
- Dental Plan-Dental coverage is available to all individuals who are eligible for health benefits with the University. You may be enrolled in one of the two dental plans.
- Life Insurance - see Life Insurance section for information on State Sponsored Coverage with MetLife and Campus Sponsored Coverage with UNUM
- Long Term Care Insurance Plan-help or supervision provided by a caregiver for someone with severe cognitive impairment or the inability to perform the activities of daily living
- Long Term Disability Insurance Plan-Long term disability coverage provides you with protection in the event that you are unable to work as a result of an injury or illness.
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse Plan-available to all individuals and their dependents who carry medical plan coverage with the State of Maryland.You automatically have mental health and substance abuse benefits when you enroll in any of the University sponsored medical plans.
- Personal Accidental Death/Dismemberment-provides benefits in the event of an accidental death or dismemberment.
- Prescription Plan-covers the cost of approved prescription drugs, subject to nominal copayments.
- Vision Plan-vision benefits are available once a year for all covered members through their State medical plan.You automatically have vision benefits when you enroll in any of the University sponsored medical plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts-
Tax-free reimbursement accounts for eligible expenses for either medical coverage or dependent care. These accounts allow you to set aside tax-free money to cover eligible health care expenses you incur for you and your eligible dependents during the plan year.These plans do have several restrictions and the money you set aside is use/lose. Spending accounts must be renewed every year.