Questions about "Children's Roles using Keyword Search Interfaces at Home" by Druin, Hutchinson, Foss, Golub, and Hatley
- Why doesn't previous research completely address how children search?
- Why did the authors design a qualitative (rather than quantitative) study?
- What forms of data did the researchers collect?
- How did the researchers ensure that the collected data was not biased by researchers?
- What is the purpose of defining "roles"?
- What was most surprising to you about the 7 described roles?
- What are some possible directions for improving search interfaces based on this work?