Questions for The Psychopathology of everyday things by Don Norman:
- What does the word "Affordance" mean? Can you think about a couple of example from your everyday life?
- What does the author mean when saying that features should be visible? Why are not all the feature in a typical cell-phone visible?
- What is a conceptual model? How does it influence how we interact with the world around us?
- Can you think of a good mapping examples in your everyday life. Can you think of a difficult to understand mapping?
- What are some examples of poorly designed feedback from your everyday life? How does causality influence feedback design?
- Pick one product you are using on an everyday basis and propose 5 ways to improve it for your use.