Algorithms and Theory Group - Alumni List
- David Harris (Aravind Srinivasan 2015)
- Vahid Liaghat (Mohammad Hajiaghayi 2015) currently post-doc at Stanford University
Thesis title: "Primal-dual Techniques for Online Algorithms and Mechanisms".
- Reza Khani (Mohammad Hajiaghayi 2015) currently at Microsoft
Thesis title: "Revenue Efficient Mechanisms for Online Advertisement’".
- Kanthi Sarpatwar (Samir Khuller 2015) currently at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
Thesis title: "Allocation Algorithms for Networks with Scarce Resources".
- Rajesh Chitnis (Mohammad Hajiaghayi 2014), currently postdoc at Weizmann Institute of Science
Thesis title: "Directed Graphs: Fixed-Parameter Tractability and Beyond".
- Eunhui Park (David Mount 2013) currently at Goldman Sachs, New York
Thesis title: "Dynamic Data Structures For Geometric Search and Retrieval".
- Koyel Mukherjee (Samir Khuller 2013) currently at Xerox Labs, Bangalore
Thesis title: "Algorithmic Approaches to Reducing Resource Costs in Data Centers".
- Tom DuBois currently Chief Technical Officer at Maven Medical
- MohammadReza Ghodsi currently at Google
- Jian Li Currently at Tshinghua University
- Ranjit Kumaresan (Jonathan Katz, 2012), currently a postdoc at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Thesis title: "Broadcast and Verifiable Secret Sharing: New Security Models and Round-Optimal Constructions."
- Saeed Alaei (Samir Khuller, 2012), currently a postdoc at Cornell.
Thesis title: "Mechanism design with general utilities."
- Arkady Yerukhimovich (Jonathan Katz, 2011), currently at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.
Thesis title: "A Study of Separations in Cryptography: New Results and New Models."
- Barna Saha (Samir Khuller, 2011), currently at AT&T Labs.
Thesis title: "Approximation Algorithms for Resource Allocation."
- Minkyoung Cho (David Mount, 2010), currently at the National Security Research Institute (NSRI) of ETRI South Korea.
Thesis title: "Approximation Algorithms for Point Pattern Matching and Searching."
- Sorelle A. Friedler (David Mount, 2010), currently at Haverford College
Thesis title: "Geometric Algorithms for Objects in Motion."
- Dov Gordon (Jonathan Katz, 2010), currently working at Applied Communication Sciences
Thesis title: "On Fairness in Secure Computation."
- Azarakhsh Malekian (Samir Khuller, 2009), currently a postdoc at MIT.
Thesis title: "Combinatorial Optimization and Electronic Commerce."
- Tsz Wo (Nicholas) Sze (Larry Washington (math), Jonathan Katz, 2007), currently working at Yahoo.
Thesis title: "On Solving Univariate Polynomial Equations over Finite Fields and Some Related Problems."
- Guilherme Dias da Fonseca (David Mount, 2007), currently at Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UniRio)
Thesis title: "Approximate Range Searching in the Absolute Error Model."
- Walid Gomaa (William Gasarch, David Kueker (math), 2007), currently at Alexandria University, Egypt.
Thesis title: "Model Theory and Complexity Theory."
- Chiu-Yuen Koo (Jonathan Katz, 2007), currently at Google
Thesis title: "Studies on Fault-Tolerant Broadcast and Secure Computation."
- Omer Horvitz (Jonathan Katz, 2007), currently at Techmeme
Thesis title: "Expresiveness of Definitions and Efficiency of Constructions in Computational Cryptography."
- Nargess Memarsadeghi (David Mount, 2007), currently at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Thesis title: "Efficient Algorithms for Clustering and Interpolation of Large Spatial Data Sets."
- Srinivas Kashyap (Samir Khuller, 2007), currently at IBM T.J. Watson
- Julian Mestre (Samir Khuller, 2007), currently at University of Sydney
- Cengiz Celik (David Mount, 2006) currently at Bilkent University
Thesis title: "New Approaches to Similarity Searching in Metric Spaces."
- Ruggero Morselli (Jonathan Katz, 2006), currently at Google
Thesis title: "Lookup Protocols and Techniques for Anonymity."
- Srinivasan Parthasarathy (Aravind Srinivasan, 2006), currently at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
- Yoo Ah Kim (Samir Khuller, 2005), currently at University of Connecticut
- Yung-Chun Justin Wan (Samir Khuller, 2005), currently at Google
- Nan Wang (Aravind Srinivasan, 2005), currently at Goldman Sachs
- F. Betul Atalay (David Mount, 2004), currently at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia
Thesis title: "Spatial Decompositions for Geometric Interpolation and Efficient Rendering."
- Rajiv C. Gandhi (Samir Khuller, 2003), currently at Rutgers University at Camden
- Michael Murphy (David Mount, 2002)
Thesis title: "Delaunay Triangulations and Control-Volume Mesh Generation."
- Songrit Maneewongvatana (David Mount, 2001), currently at King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi (Bangkok, Thailand)
Thesis title: "Multi-Dimensional Nearest Neighbor Searching with Low Dimensional Data."
- Yoram Sussmann (Samir Khuller, 1999), currently at Iona College
- Evan Golub (William Gasarch, Spring 1999), currently at University of Maryland
Thesis title: "Empirical Studies in Parallel Sorting."
- James Glenn (William Gasarch, Fall 1998), currently at Loyola College in Maryland
Thesis title: "Implementing WS1S via Finite Automata."
- Andrew Lee (William Gasarch, Summer 1998), currently at University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Thesis title: "On queries in computational learning theory and combinatorial problems."
- Randeep Singh Bhatia (Samir Khuller, 1998), currently at Bell Labs
- Fan-Tao Pu (David Mount, 1998), currently at Infozen
Thesis title: "Data Structures for Global Illumination Computation and Visibility Queries in 3-Space."
- Suleyman Cenk Sahinalp (Uzi Vishkin, 1997), currently at Simon Fraser University. University of Maryland Computer Science Department Distinguished Alumnus in 2012
- Sunil Arya (David Mount, 1995), currently at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Thesis title: "Nearest Neighbor Searching and Applications."
- Gary Benson (Amihood Amir, 1992), currently at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Yossi Matias (Uzi Vishkin, 1992, *), currently at Tel Aviv University
- Katia Guimaraes (William Gasarch, Spring 1992), currently at Universdade Federal de Pernambuco (in Brazil)
Thesis title: "On the quality of queries."
- Thomas Kao (David Mount, 1992)
Thesis title: "Efficient/Practical Algorithms for Geometric Structures: Convex Hulls, Delaunay Triangulations and Voronoi Diagrams."
- Nathan Netanyahu (David Mount, Azriel Rosenfeld, 1991), currently at Bar-Ilan University
Thesis title: "Computationally Efficient Algorithms for Robust Estimators."
- Martin Farach-Colton (Amihood Amir, 1991), currently at Rutgers University
- Omer Berkman (Uzi Vishkin, 1991, Ph.D. graduates of Tel Aviv University)
- Mark Pleszkoch (William Gasarch, Spring 1990), currently at IBM
Thesis title: "Machine Learning with Queries and Oracles."
- Greg N. Frederickson (Matthew Sterling Hecht 1977), currently at Purdue University