How To Set Up CVS for Meeshquest
CVS provides you with a backup on a secondary machine, the ability to roll back changes, and a convenient way to work from many machines on the same project. It would be a wise use of your time to set up CVS for this project.
YOU NEED TO DO THIS IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT TO SUBMIT SERVER FROM ECLIPSE.
Setting up your repository
- Login to USERNAME@glue.umd.edu
- $ mkdir 420CVS
- $ setenv CVSROOT /afs/glue/class/spring2017/cmsc/420/0101/student/<directoryID>/420CVS (replace <directoryID> with yours)
- $ cd 420CVS
- $ cvs init
- $ chmod o-rwx $CVSROOT
Connecting with Eclipse
- In the CVS Perspective...
- Host: glue.umd.edu
- Repository Path: /afs/glue/class/spring2017/cmsc/420/0101/student/<directoryID>/420CVS (replace <directoryID> with yours)
- User: <directoryID>
- Password: <your password>
- Connection Type: extssh
- (Check 'Save password' to avoid entering your password each time)
- In the Java Perspective...
- Once you've created your project, right click on the project folder and click "Team->Share Project"
- Use the existing repository location you just created, and use all the defaults provided unless you have some compelling reason not to.